Belong!’s mission is to demonstrate God’s love in action by providing or facilitating access to services that empower and equip the underserved in our community through education, community engagement, and other essential services.
The Office Administrator will work as a member of a small team, under the Executive Director, to implement needed office processes and perform office management and administrative functions for Belong!. Tasks will include: maintenance of files, documents, and databases; basic financial operations; and administrative assistance for office staff, programs, communications and external engagement. The individual will administratively support the expansion and enhancement of Belong! programs and services. This position is approximately 12 hours per week, the majority of which will be in Belong’s Vienna office however, the position does offer some flexibility for working remotely and flexible hours).
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain administrative files, Google Drives, and databases
- Implement routine financial management tasks under the direction of the Board Treasurer, Bookkeeper, and Executive Director, including expense and revenue documentation, reconciliation of bank statements, and the processing of bill payments.
- Provide administrative support as needed to the Executive Director and Director of Programs and Engagement.
- Organize the collection and processing of scholarship applications and mentor notes.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for Belong! programs and events, including volunteer orientations, trainings, and recognition events, among others.
- Assist with stewardship and fundraising activities and processes, including recording charitable contributions and creating reports as needed. Maintain our database in Donorbox with all charitable contributions entered and recorded.
- Purchase office supplies and maintain office inventory and storage. Maintain office equipment, including phone.
- Prepare and maintain an operations manual outlining processes used by Office Administrator.
- Other duties as needed.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends as needed.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Enthusiastic affirmation of the values, vision, and mission of Belong!
- Experience in managing and performing administrative tasks and office management functions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency with Google Workspace (Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.) and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), database technologies, basic financial processes, and email marketing applications (e.g., Constant Contact)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, creatively, and collegially with staff, volunteers, and other stakeholders within the Belong! community
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and good judgment; ability to work independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to identify gaps in required processes and implement new processes or functions needed to fill the gaps
- Experience with basic accounting and Quickbooks
- Familiarity with the Vienna community and Fairfax County
Thanks to Our Sponsors!