Town of Vienna: Playground Camp Aid- Summer 2023
The Playground Camp Aide will assist the Playground Camp Counselor in the operation of the eight week summer camp program for ages 6-11; supervise children, assist in the implementation of arts and crafts activities, sports programs, age appropriate games and special events. One week training required.
Training for position to begin June 12, 2023
Camp Runs from June 20, 20223 through August 4, 2023.
Monday through Friday. Shift Work: 7:30 am to 3:30 pm or 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
All new employees must satisfactorily complete a background check. A conditional offer of employment may then be made contingent upon the successful completion of fingerprinting, drug, alcohol and TB tests.
This is a Non-Exempt Position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Actively participates with children;
Assists in the planning and implementation of age appropriate activities for
Supervises campers and maintains emotionally and physically safe environments;
Assists with the preparation of the facility for operations;
Monitors all activities and informs supervisor of concerns or issues;
Performs related work as required.
Minimum Training and Experience
- Must be 16 years of age
- Experience working with children ages 6-11
- Experience in organizing and implementing age appropriate games and special events
- Ablity to stimulate interest in and direct a variety of recreational activities
- CPR certified (certification will be provided)
- Ability to deal with the public, program participants and other employees in a pleasant and courteous manner and as required by the position
- Ability to follow and understand oral and written instruction
- A conditional offer of employment may be made contingent upon the successful completion of a TB test
- Must pass a criminal background check
Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance
The Town of Vienna is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the Town of Vienna to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.
Thanks to Our Sponsors!