Town of Vienna Teen Excursion Camp Counselor- Summer 2023
The Teen Camp Counselor is a coach, mentor, and teacher. Counselors supervise and encourage campers through different excursions throughout the week by participating in all adventure activities. They implement and plan activities, games, arts and crafts, and special events throughout the day to keep teens engaged. They lead, guide, and inspire 20 teens between the ages of 11 – 15. One full week of training required prior to the seven-week camp.
Training for position to begin June 12, 2023
Camp Runs from June 20, 20223 through August 4, 2023.
Monday through Friday. Shift Work: 7:30 am to 3:30 pm or 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
All new employees must satisfactorily complete a background check. A conditional offer of employment may then be made contingent upon the successful completion of fingerprinting, drug, alcohol and TB tests.
This is a Non-Exempt Position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supervises, chaperones, and ensures the safety and wellbeing of 20 teens ages 11 – 15 in this seven-week adventure camp.
Assists camp supervisor with planning, organizing, and implementing various recreational activities for teens
Must be able to properly supervise teens and respond immediately in case of emergency, including administering first aid as necessary
Follow appropriate training and lead small group activities in an atmosphere where teens are actively engaged in meaningful learning and recreational experiences
Assist in the enforcement of program rules
Maintain discipline and enforce proper safety precautions
Demonstrate initiative in the performance of assigned responsibilities
Must be able to safely drive a 12-passenger van and transport teens to various locations daily
Ensure all equipment and materials are accessible, appropriate, and in good condition
Assists camp supervisor in maintaining attendance, discipline, and injury records as needed
Enforce all site and State regulations
May be required to lift heavy items
Maintains regular and punctual on-site attendance
Minimum Training and Experience
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must possess a valid driver's license in good standing
- Ability to comfortably drive a 12 passenger van
- Experience working with teens ages 11-15
- Experience in organizing and implementing age appropriate games and special events
- Ability to stimulate interest in and direct a variety of recreational activities
- CPR and First Aid Certified
- Ability to communicate with the public, program participants and other employees in a pleasant and courteous manner as required by the position
- Ability to follow and understand oral and written instruction
- Must pass a criminal background investigation
- A conditional offer of employment may be made contingent upon the successful completion of drug and TB tests
Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance
The Town of Vienna is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the Town of Vienna to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.
Thanks to Our Sponsors!