FAIRFAX COUNTY RISE GRANT APPLICATION INTAKE JUNE 8 - 15
Forwarded on behalf of the Fairfax County RISE GRANT application process June 8 - June 15, 2020:
The Fairfax RISE grant opens on Monday at 9:00am. In addition, I wanted to pass along some program details, an invite to the webinar, as well as some other business-related info for you to have and share! We are very excited about the Fairfax RISE program and the possibilities for you, our Fairfax County businesses. Below is information not only in English, but also Spanish, Vietnamese, Korean and Arabic. Remember that 30%, or $7.5M, of the $25 million funded will be set aside for minority, woman, and veteran-owned businesses.
Below the Fairfax RISE grant details is some other business-related information you may find helpful. Please feel free to share any and/or all of this info!
Have a great weekend!
Wendy Lemieux | Marketing Coordinator | Fairfax County Department of Economic Initiatives (DEI) | Phone 703-324-5171
Fairfax RISE Grant
Grant Application Timeline & Process
· The grant application will be open from 9:00a on Monday, June 8 through Monday, June 15 at 11:59p. There is no benefit to being first to apply!
APPLY NOW https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=cbp
During this period applicants will fill out the Part 1 of the application which is the Qualification Stage. This part of the application consists of submitting the Qualification Survey to help determine their location, business size/employment, and eligibility. The Qualification Survey should take 10 minutes or less to complete
· The Qualification Survey can be accessed through the Fairfax Rise website.
· Many questions about eligibility can be answered through FAQ’s posted on the Fairfax Rise website.
· Applicants will not be required to upload documents in Part 1, the Qualification Survey.
After the grant application period closes, if the grant is over-subscribed, we will hold a lottery to select the applicants that will move forward to Part 2, the Certification and Approval Stage.
· This week we mailed 40,000 postcards to 36,000 local businesses and 4,000 nonprofits to announce the grant opening dates. (You may have received one!) Here is the link to the postcards/press releases in multiple languages.
· On Tuesday, June 9 at 11:00am DEI and our contractor CBP will hold a Q&A webinar for interested parties. There will be a short presentation, then questions will be taken, via chat, from participants. Below is the webinar information for you to share with your networks.
FAIRFAX RISE WEBINAR
Join us to learn more about the Fairfax RISE grant program and how to apply. Questions, via chat, will be taken during the webinar.
· Date and time: Tuesday, June 9, 2020 11:00 am – 12:00pm
· Via Phone 415-655-0003/Access code: 161 180 4501
Below are other important updates for businesses.
FAIRFAX WATER Sent as a courtesy to Fairfax Water
Is your facility reopening soon? Flush the pipes to ensure optimal water quality.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, some commercial or residential properties may have been left empty or were not at full occupancy for an extended period. As stay-at-home orders are lifted and plans are made to reoccupy these buildings, owners are encouraged to address the water quality of these locations.
Water System Flushing Guidance from Fairfax Water.
PPP is still available
Our contacts at the Small Business Development Center tell us that the Paycheck Protection Program funds have not been tapped out yet. If you have businesses interested, they can still apply. Also, guidance is being posted daily on how to get your PPP forgiven. Here’s a link with great info! https://www.virginiasbdc.org/business-recovery-center/ppp-loan-forgiveness-explained/
Back to Work Survey-Live until June 19
Did your business apply for a federal or local grant or loan program because of the COVID-19 pandemic? Are you planning to return employees to work in stages? What safety protocols are planned as you transition some or all your employees back into the office? Please fill out our “Returning to the Workplace” survey. The results will be compiled to help us understand how Fairfax County companies are planning to return their employees to the workplace.https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HTPWXWB
Thanks Partner Sponsors!