Removing the Stigma and Confusion Around Mental Health How to recognize mental health concerns in yourself, your employees, and your loved ones and how to successfully manage it.
Topics to be covered during the event include:
• What is mental health?
• How do people develop mental health issues, and is it hereditary, environmental, etc?
• Who has mental health issues? 1 in 4 people in the nation are effected; individuals of all ages, races,and socioeconomic positions.
• How to remove the stigma (talk about it).
• How to recognize mental health concerns in your employees, family members, friends, and yourself.
• Where to turn for help with a mental health issue (offer a resource guide handout).
• Ways to improve your mental health – WRAP, individual or group therapy, employment, taking care of your physical health, taking your medication, going to RPSV, exercising, etc.
• Self-awareness and mental health.
• Managing good self-care during a pandemic.
The program will feature a panel of RPSV speakers.
This program is open to Greater Merrifield and Greater Vienna Businesses.