Chillin' on Church final event for 2019, Friday Sep 20
Vienna says ‘so long’ to summer with one final Chillin’ event
The Town of Vienna’s popular Chillin’ on Church block party event on the last Friday of summer offers area residents one final opportunity to enjoy the chill live music, camaraderie, and food truck dinners of summertime
The September 20 Chillin’ on Church event, sponsored by Ben and Jerry’s, will take place from 6:30-9:30 p.m. and feature funk-infused blues performed by Hard Swimmin’ Fish. The band’s website encourages audience members to bring along dancing shoes and a partner as its performances are “an infectious, danceable, roots music throwdown.”
Beer and wine, available from Virginia Eagle Distributing, Caboose Brewing Company, and Vienna Vintner, may be purchased by those who are 21 or older; photo identification is required in order to purchase beer or wine.
The food truck menu for the September 20 event includes:
- Ben & Jerry’s – ice cream
- The Big Cheese – gourmet grilled cheese
- Capitol Snow – shaved ice
- CapMac – gourmet mac & cheese
- Danibelle’s Lebanese Cuisine – sandwiches and sides, vegan options
- DC Slices - pizza
- N.C. Ribs on Wheels – BBQ, turkey legs, ribs
- PhoWheeLs – Vietnamese sandwiches, tacos, and soup
- Red Hook Lobster Pound – lobster and shrimp rolls
- Tapas Truck DC – Spanish-style tapas and sandwiches
- Urban Bumpkin BBQ – smoked pork belly sandwiches, BBQ salmon, flatbread tacos
Please note that food truck vendors are subject to change.
Admission to Chillin’ on Church is free. Bring blankets, chairs, a picnic, friends and neighbors, and your dancing shoes, of course, but not your own alcohol. Also, please consider leaving pets at home. Accessible parking is available at the Town Green/W&OD Trail between Church Street and Maple Avenue.
Thanks Partner Sponsors!